Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Earthy roots

I've officially embraced my hippy side today. I went to a local co op called People's for the first time today. It's interesting how a co op works. It's owned by the customers, everything is super earthy, and you can even work there (not for pay, just for a discount).
They had a lot of bulk stuff. Anything from herbs, grains, soap, laundry detergent, herbal remedies, and lots of raw products.

I also got some dark chocolate chips, only because I needed to restock my supply and they carried the kind from Italy that I get. I was also a sucker for these raw dark chocolate coconut haystacks. It's just unsweetened coconut, maple syrup, and dark chocolate, OH MY!!!
I also found a great deal on coconut oil, crofter's all fruit spread in raspberry and apricot, and garlic gold. I was so excited to see garlic gold products. It's all the rage on all the blogs and I've been wanting to try it. It's olive oil and roasted garlic pieces. I hear it makes a great homemade salad dressing.

And to top off my hippy times I stopped at Laughing plant cafe for lunch. It's got a hippy vibe and everything is vegetarian and then you can add free range chicken, tofu, or tempeh to any dish.
I got the Cuban bowl: brown rice, black beans, sweet potatoes, plantains, and salsa. I added some free range chicken and a whole wheat tortilla on the side for making my own little burrito pieces. I got it to go so when I got home I added some lettuce on top for a dose of healthy leafy greens. I ate half of the bowl and half of the tortilla. I'm saving the other half for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Really great foods. First one must be good snacks. Last picture of that food is looking great food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loves dark chocolate chips. This homemade salad should has great health benefits. I am thinking about make it.

    ReplyDelete