Friday, March 25, 2011

Diner dinner

Sometimes a throw together meal can turn out to be a fabulous one.
I hadn't made turkey meatloaf in a very long time. I took a cue from an old recipe in Cooking light and kinda made up this recipe as I went.

I mixed together 1/2 pound ground dark turkey and a 1/2 pound white ground turkey. Along with 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 of a grated zucchini (ring out any moisture from the grated zucchini), 3 TB. BBQ sauce, 3 TB. Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Mixed together and baked in a non stick loaf pan. Make sure you top the meatloaf with ketchup, a classic meatloaf topping. Covered with foil and baked at 350 degree's for about 45 min.
Served with sweet potatoes, my favorite. You could also serve it with some classic mashed potatoes or even roasted potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. i've never made meatloaf - but it sounds and looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete