Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Easy scones


I made scones. I have never made scones before, but these ones were so easy. Of course they had to have oats in them also.
Maple cinnamon rustic scones
Step 1: mix dry ingredients.
1/2 cup oats
2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
Step 2: add wet ingredients
2 TB. butter (my butter had expired so I used coconut butter)
cut the butter into the dry ingredients and work with your fingers until dry ingredients are crumbly
add 1/2 cup milk (I used soymilk) and 2 TB. maple syrup
Step 3: mix everything together
Step 4: make into 4 scones and top with a mix of sugar and cinnamon
Step 5: bake for 12 min. at 350 degrees

Stack and devour

I love how it only makes four so they stay nice and fresh. These scones are so good. Next time I would love to add in some diced apples or pears.

2 comments:

  1. The easier way to make scones is to pat out one round of dough, you cook it, then cut it in slices like a pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those looks awesome, I'm glad it only makes 4 so I won't be tempted to eat a whole batch! Will be trying these!! :)

    ReplyDelete