Saturday, September 11, 2010

Let's hit the road


I hit the road on my new bike today while sporting my new helmet. The helmet actually doesn't look too bad and it fits really nice. Maybe I can just wear a helmet really well.

Here's the bike. When picking out a bike usually color is the least important thing. It's about size, function, durability, and then you get whatever color fits that criteria. I really lucked out with the black and grey. I added the pink water bottle holder, and I'm planning on getting a mini backpack or messenger bag. So that will also some style along with my outfit.

I road about 4 miles up and down the roads around my house. I live in a rural part of town outside city limits, but we do have one fancy private neighborhood across the street. So I did a lot of practicing over there. I just needed to work on the feel of the bike. I also mustered up the courage and hit the main road to join the cars. Luckily there isn't too many, but each one made me nervous and I had to work on riding on the white line and staying straight. I had trouble keeping my balance with my front wheel and staying straight. Tomorrow I'm planning on riding my running route, which is 8 miles with half of it in neighborhoods.

After about 4 miles my legs were getting tired. It reminded me of when I was a kid and would ride my bike for hours. After wards my legs would be so tired and spongy.

I love my new bike and see many new adventures in the future. I am so happy that I was able to find such a fantastic deal on this bike. The price has been the only thing that has prevented me from getting one sooner.

The area I live in is very popular with running and cycling. I already do the running thing, but now I can join in with the cycling. Even though it's a great workout I'm planning on keeping it as a fun recreational activity, with the bonus of it being a good workout. I want to keep it fun and light hearted with no expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment