Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dig deep


Last night I was trying to figure out what I was going to make for breakfast this morning. After looking in the pantry and realizing I'm out of pancake mix, oats, and only a smidge left of hot cereal, I had to dig deep. Then I saw a jar of Bob's muesli. I have only used it once, so I thought I would give it a try and make some stove top oatmeal.
In a pot combine:
Featuring 1/4 cup Bob's muesli
2 TB. quick cook oats
3/4 cups water
few splashes of almond milk
dash salt, cinnamon, and vanilla
stir and cook on low for about 10 min.
add 1/4 of a diced banana
stir

Topped with
almond butter
dark chocolate chips
drizzle of raw carrot honey
sprinkle of unsweetened coconut
sprinkle of cranberry orange Galaxy granola

It came out pretty good, I really liked the raisins and the crunch of the seeds in the muesli.

No comments:

Post a Comment