Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Taco salad night


It's taco salad night. One of my favorite meals in the summer is taco salad. It's just so easy to make, so refreshing, and the perfect dinner on a hot evening.

I made my own version of guacamole. I used 1 avocado diced, 1 diced tomato, cilantro from my own herbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili pepper. I didn't have any lemons or limes, but luckily it didn't even turn brown.

Condiments; some Organic Valley low fat sour cream (the best sour cream you will ever have), Grandma Chonga's regular salsa and tropical salsa, and the guacamole.

In the salad mix is romaine lettuce, Tj's lean ground turkey cooked with some Simply Organic taco seasoning, reduced fat cheddar cheese, diced tomato, green onion, black beans, Drew's smoked tomato dressing, Tj's baked tortilla chips, and salt and pepper.

2 comments: