Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baking time


I made a test batch of granola today, this one is Peanut butter and raisin. It turned out perfectly, this is a keeper. I also have picked my company name for the granola. I have been thinking about it for months and here it is.

Whole Oats granola
Made from whole, real, natural ingredients.
It's made from 100% local ingredients, low in fat and sugar, and all natural with no additives or preservatives. Only fresh baked wholesome ingredients. A granola you can feel good about eating.


I also had some banana's that were overly ripe for eating, but perfect for baking. So I did a little more baking.

I adapted one of my favorite banana bread recipes from Cooking light.
You can find the original recipe here.

Banana Bread
1/2 cup evaporated can juice
2 TB. honey
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 banana's
mix together
add
1/4 cup soymilk
1/4 cup low fat sour cream
2 egg whites
mix together
in a separate bowl mix
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
pour into loaf pan coated with non stick spray
bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour

It was so good, turned out really well. Next time I would cut back on the liquid ingredients just a smidge, it's a little too moist. I also should have used an electric mixer instead of mixing by hand, so the banana chucks were incorporated a little better.

We are just having a lazy day for once. Well I never have lazy days but everyday is a lazy day for this guy.

1 comment:

  1. That's quite the pose. Those dogs could have Thomas for lunch!

    ReplyDelete