Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring showers bring May flowers

The flowers are in full bloom around here and the sun was shining bright this morning.
I went on a great long run this morning. I passed lots of other runners, walkers, and bicyclers. Lot's of people were out walking to all the local coffee shops. But I was on a different mission. Today is the only sunny and dry day this week. So I wanted to get in a good long hard run, and boy was it. It was so hard but I was so glad I did it. The rest of the week will be indoor gym workouts, so it was nice to get outside.
Dinner tonight was my first meal AL fresco meal since moving to this house. I've been here for about 5 months now, but it's been raining non stop. I picked up this cute set of patio furniture at the local hardware store last weekend. I was walking by on my way to the grocery store when I spotted these chairs. They had all kinds of colors. I was torn between a bright green and this pale yellow. I settled on the yellow because I thought I might hate the green down the road. The whole set is made out of recycled material and it's very durable and comfy.
While relaxing I enjoyed an ice cold glass of lime sparkling water with an extra squeeze of lime.
Dinner was as bright and cheery as the furniture.
I stopped at Trader Joe's and the produce stand today. While shopping I had the idea for dinner to be something bright and summer inspired, with lots of fruits and veggies.

The base is brown rice topped with black beans, roasted sweet potato (seasoned with sea salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, and garlic), shredded carrot, red bell pepper, mango chunks, avocado, Greek yogurt, Tj's chipotle lime salsa, Tj's spicy black bean dip, and a squeeze of lime.

This dish just kept growing as I added each ingredient. It was a massive pile of veggies, but it was one of the BEST dinner's that I have had in a long time. You just can't go wrong with lots of fresh produce. I love summer, I can't wait for even more fabulous fresh meals like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment