Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday dinner

The other day I had one of the best chili's I've ever had at Laughing plant cafe. It wasn't your typical vegetarian chili. No this chili was full of veggies and for an extra kick it had bulger in it. The chili was awesome and I ate it very quickly. But not before trying to figure out what was in it so I could re create it at home in the crock pot.


I mixed in my canned ingredients along with 3/4 cup of bulger and 2 cups water. For some seasoning I added chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper.

I also added some diced onion and red pepper. The zucchini I saved and added one hour before the chili was finished. Along with diced carrots and mushrooms. This chili's other secret ingredient besides the bulger is all the veggies.

The chili cooked in the crock pot for 7 hours and then I added the zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms. I would suggest adding the carrots 2-3 hrs before the chili is done.

Check SpellingTopped with a little cheese and then enjoyed. This was one of the best chili's I ever made. I made a huge batch to freeze for some go to meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment