Monday, February 7, 2011

Pizza makes it better

Workout
Today was a rest day from working out. I knew I was going to have a very busy and long day, so I planned ahead and went to the gym yesterday.

Dinner

Dinner tonight was mini pizza's, the dinner originally intended for last nights super bowl.

I roasted up some sliced red bell pepper, zucchini, shallot, and some unseen Tj's basil chicken sausage. I seasoned everything with sea salt, pepper, garlic, and basil. Everything was roasted at 300 degrees for 30 min.

On another tray I toasted in the oven for about 10 min some whole wheat naan bread and topped it with Tj's garlic marinara sauce. The marinara sauce was perfect for the pizza's. It was garlicky and chunky, delicious. I then topped the pizza's with all the roasted veggies and sausage. Finished off with feta and crushed pineapple.

Roasted again in the oven for another 10 min. and then it was ready to serve.

Maybe Monday's are made for pizza night instead of Friday's and Saturday's? It sure made my Monday better.

No comments:

Post a Comment