Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crisp day

When the sun shows it's face you know what that means, a change of plans. Instead of heading to the gym on such a beautiful day I came home and went for a run.


I'm still exploring my new neighborhood. Since moving I haven't been able to find enjoyment in my workouts. I think a lot of it has to do with conflicting priorities going on and all the things happening around the new house. I have still kept up with my workout's, but I just haven't had that feeling inside. As I get more settled and things become more routine I'm sure that I will find that enjoyment once again.

Today I had such a great run and really enjoyed my time in the neighborhood. I was like Forest Gump, I ran and ran and ran, I just couldn't stop, and the feeling was right.

I'm not sure how many miles I traveled but I know it was a lot. At the end I ran back home, got my reusable Tj's bag along with some money and ran to the store for some dinner items. On the return trip home I did walk, I had fragile eggs on board.

For dinner I had to break out the big plates. I needed lots of room for a big heaping pile of organic green leaf lettuce.

I topped the lettuce with some warmed up refried beans, reduced fat cheddar cheese, salsa, and jalapeno Food for life chips.

Along with some roasted VERY thinly sliced sweet potatoes that I baked for 30 min. at 400 degrees. I seasoned the sweet potatoes with sea salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder, and taco seasoning. Topped with some cilantro and jalapeno hummus.

The chips were spicy and delicious, especially with a smear of hummus.

1 comment:

  1. That is so great that you can literally run to the store.

    Isn't it fun to explore?

    ReplyDelete