Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday morning


This is one of my favorite pancakes. It's SUPER SOFT and so delicious. But it's a little hard to make. There's two varieties, one with an egg white and one without. The one with egg is easier to flip and holds together better. But the one without is so soft and delicious.

You have to either have a really big pancake flipper or you have to use the, slide to a plate and flip into the pan method to cook both sides.

Today's was made without an egg and I had to have a plate for assistance with the flipping. But it was well worth it.

In the batter: 1/4 cup oats, 1TB. oat bran, 1TB. Bob's apple cinnamon hot cereal, dash salt/cinnamon/ and baking soda, along with 3 TB. pumpkin puree, and a few raisins.

Topped with: all natural pb, unsweetened coconut, pure maple syrup, and a few dark chocolate chips.

It was soft and a delightful Sunday breakfast.

It's so nice here today with a clear blue sky and the sun shining bright. I think I'm going to walk and get some coffee this morning, spend the day working in the yard, and then bike across town later to the store for a few things. I have yet to bike in my very bike friendly neighborhood. For whatever reason I seem to have a fear of venturing out for the first time on bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment