Monday, January 17, 2011

Power up


I took a partial sick day today to rest and kick this cold before I move this weekend. In the afternoon I drank half of this Naked power C superfood juice to get in some emergency nutrients.

Dinner was simple yet very tasty. I made a quick casserole with a layer of baked blue corn chips topped with a mix of one can Amy's refried black bean and half a jar of Tj's spicy black bean dip. Topped off with some salsa and mozzarella cheese. I baked it in the oven for about 25 min. Enough to warm everything up, but also short enough to leave half the chips still crispy.

Paired with some mixed greens and more salsa.

I picked up some supplies today for some super nutrient packing smoothies this week. I love smoothies but in the winter they just don't appeal to me as much as they do in the summer. I plan to have one every day this week before heading to the gym. In the mix is going to be spinach, mixed berries, almond milk, 1/4 of a banana, protein powder, and a packet of this kids amazing grass superfood. I wanted to give this amazing grass a try. I can't do the regular version because it has Acai in it, which I'm allergic to. The kids is just fruit and veggies.

I also picked up some unsweetened chocolate almond milk. I've never tried chocolate almond milk, so hopefully it's really good. It doesn't have any sugar, it just has unsweetened cocoa. From a health perspective that's a good thing, but for taste it could be a bad thing. Here's hoping it's good.

I told you I'm kicking this cold. I have a lot of important things to take care of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment