Thursday, December 16, 2010

Shades of orange

Workout
I went to the gym today and did a pretty intense upper body workout followed but 30 min. on the stairs. I was all business, I was in, worked hard, and was out.
Dinner

This blood orange was the centerpiece for tonight's dinner.

First I very thinly sliced a sweet potato to make some potato chips. I baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 min. Seasoned with some sea salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasonings.

I picked up a chicken breast from Whole Foods today. To start I pounded it a little to tenderize it before coating it in a mix of Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and the zest of one blood orange. The chicken roasted in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 min.

It was a big piece of chicken, so once it was done I cut it in half and saved the rest for another meal.

The chicken was perfectly cooked and had such good flavor from the orange zest. I sliced up half of the orange to go along with dinner. I also made a little tomato relish for the chicken. I ended up not eating it because it was taking away from the delicious orange flavor.

Tonight's tea of choice is wild berry zinger.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I love adding fruit to a meal, especially meat dishes it enhances the flavor so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the zinger teas. They have so much flavor. Dinner looked really good.

    ReplyDelete