Thursday, November 11, 2010

Half n half

Workout
I'm pretty sore after yesterday's dancers workout and kickboxing. We did a ton of legs and I was feeling the after effects today. I could have skipped the gym but I was heading that way, so I thought why not. I thought I would just do a light easy workout.

I did some upper body resistance training using my own body weight and then I ran on the treadmill for 30 min. Since the gym had the remodel we have less stair step mill machines. They are also in high demand due to the amazing and hard workout they provide. So I've been booted to the treadmill twice this week.

Hello Mr. rain, welcome back, AGAIN.
Dinner

This salad was delicious. Some mixed greens topped with half of a suckle pear (my favorite for toppings), dried cranberries, feta, and a little drizzle of Annie's Tuscan Italian dressing. Served with some whole wheat pasta with a sauce made from Tj's red pepper artichoke tapenade and a heavy dose of basil and oregano. With a little basil chicken sausage for some protein.

Spaghetti noodles usually aren't my first choice for pastas, mostly due to it's awkward eating and it's difficulty to control portions because it's so long. I call this the half and half plate, half salad and half carb/protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment