Monday, September 6, 2010

Roasted for flavor

We got home at around 1pm today after driving 4.5 hrs, it was a long drive. We immediately begun unpacking, cleaning house, and doing laundry. So we missed lunch and had some snacks instead. So dinner came early in the form of linner. I took a bunch of produce from Thursday's delivery and made tray's to roast in the oven. Everything for dinner went in the oven tonight.

I made several tray's, the first was sliced red potatoes and sweet potatoes. The second tray was sliced red pepper, onion, and a variety of cherry tomatoes. The third tray was a can of chickpeas, and the last tray was sliced spinach and feta Applegate Farms chicken sausage, along with some sliced zucchini

Everything got a sprinkle of herbs and a little olive oil. I roasted tray one and two for 30 min. Tray three and four went in the oven for about 10min. I also put each tray under the broiler for 5 min. to make it extra roasty.

Everything got piled up and topped with some feta and hummus.

I love anything roasted, it just has so much flavor. The chicken sausage was the best I have ever had, it was so good.

1 comment: