Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Get out the oats


I decided to break out the oats this morning and make an oatmeal pancake for breakfast. First you must always start with some really high quality oats. I always use Bob's red mill or Quaker would be my second choice.

In a bowl mix
1/4 cup oats
2 TB. whole wheat pastry flour
dash salt and cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 TB. pear sauce
2 TB. hot water
microwave for 30 seconds
add mix to a pan coated with non stick spray and cook on both sides

Topped with
almond butter
warmed up pear sauce
sprinkle of unsweetened coconut
dried cranberries
sprinkle of Yogi walnut spice granola


This was such a tasty little pancake, so soft and oaty, and full of fall flavors.

1 comment:

  1. I'm waiting for cooler weather to break out oats. I tried eating them in the summer but I had to switch to smoothies. I love your additions to plain oats!

    ReplyDelete