Thursday, September 16, 2010

Foodbuzz challenge #1 Ready set blog

My journey to health and happiness has been a long bumpy road. Growing up I struggled with depression brought on by not being happy within myself about my body image. When I was 19 I met my husband Jeff. The first few years that we were together were the years I suffered from depression the most. Jeff was the one who stood by me through that time and helped me to find the confidence in myself.

As my confidence grew I decided that I wanted to become a personal trainer. I loved working out so much and it was such a part of my life that I wanted to share that passion with others. I have continued to enjoy sharing my knowledge about fitness and nutrition with others.

Working out and eating healthy is something that we have always shared together and will continue to share. It is the center of our lives together and who we are.

Without my husband I would have never found the road to happiness, and part of that road is through exercise and nutrition. I really do believe that those two components are what create a happy and healthy spirit, along with a whole lotta love.

I've always enjoyed sharing my knowledge of fitness and nutrition, but I also love sharing how easy it can be to cook healthy foods. I believe that eating healthy doesn't have to be difficult or boring. It's just about getting back to basics and eating real whole foods.

On February 3rd 2010 I started my blog in order to share my thoughts, tips, success, and recipes for living a healthy life.

I would love to continue sharing my life with you and my continuing journey to being healthy and happy.

Please vote for me to be the next Foodbuzz star.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story with us! Love to read about the support you get from your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. I'm glad your husband could be there for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've followed your blog for some time. It's nice to hear the back story. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your husband sounds like a keeper. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I love this post. I have very similar circumstances and I think we may have some things in common. :-) Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic story ♥ I think good food, exercise and lovely family are the key to staying happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with PFB! I voted for you.

    If you'd like to check out my post - it's here: http://bit.ly/9JXLNL.

    ReplyDelete