Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Apple cinnamon


I picked up two honey crisp apples the other day and I have been waiting to use them. I decided last night that I would use part of one (they are the biggest apples ever) and make some oats.
Apple cinnamon cherry oats
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup hot water
few splashes almond milk
mix together
cook on low for a bout 5 min.
add 1/4 of a peeled and diced honey crisp apple
stir and cook 5 more min.


Topped with
more cinnamon
drizzle of pure maple syrup
dried cherries
sprinkle of Yogi walnut spice granola

My oat/hot cereal supply is very low. So I used some random oats this morning and they broke down too much causing some mushy oats. I think I should have also cooked the apples first, they were a little crisp and I would prefer them soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment