Monday, August 30, 2010

What is this green stuff

Workout
Some days a workout is just the perfect answer to life. Today was one of those workouts. I just enjoyed it so much and could feel the endorphins running through my body after wards.

I went to the fancy gym for an all over resistance workout followed by a cardio split. I started with 20 min. on the spinning bike and then I jumped on the stairs for another 20 min. It was tough and it was sweaty, but I felt so good when I was finished.
Dinner

I made a big pot of soup. I first started with lots of veggies and then added the other ingredients and let the whole thing simmer together.

Sweet potato veggie soup
1 small diced onion
2 diced carrots
2 diced sweet potatoes
1 box chicken stock
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 can white beans
1 cup brown lentils
1 package diced basil chicken sausage
spices: garlic, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper

Simmer on low for 1 hr.

I was going to add what I thought was spinach until I realized it was basil. I added just a little chopped up at the end. I'm still not sure if it's spinach or basil?

Now as I type this I'm waiting for my bowl of soup to cool down. Soup is always so hot, it takes forever for it to become a temperature that wont burn my tongue.

I have to head back to work tonight for a few hours and then one more day before vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment