Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Summer lovin

Workout
This morning I missed dancers workout and kickboxing. I only slept for a few hours last night, I just couldn't get to sleep. So when I got up this morning I felt like I had been ran over. I decided I couldn't get my butt in gear in time for class. So I got some rest, had a great breakfast, drank lots of green tea, and at 9:30am I worked out. At home I did a mix of kickboxing and resistance training working the whole body. I did a lot of legs and abs today, just like we do in class. I finished with 15 min. of yoga and stretching.
Lunch

I sliced up half of a sweet potato and microwaved it for a few minutes. Once done I topped it with two black bean burgers and some hummus. On the side I had half a peach.

The sweet potatoes are definitely better cooked slow in the oven, but for a quick lunch the microwave works.

And I would like to leave you with a nice view from my deck, as I enjoy my lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Black beans and sweet potato go together SO well. Beautiful lunch. I agree- sweet potatoes are way better in the oven, but I almost always end up doing them in the microwave....Beautiful view

    ReplyDelete