Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Crock pot in the summer


Dinner started with a big salad made with green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
Both of the veggies were from the co-op garden that I planted with my mom. We are finally starting to get some veggies.

This morning I put together in the crock pot the makings for barbecue shredded chicken burgers. It's my interpretation of pulled pork sandwich's, but with chicken instead.

Barbecue shredded chicken burgers
1 pkg all natural chicken tenders
(I think next time I would use chicken breasts and maybe a couple bone less chicken thighs)
2 cups BBQ sauce
1 cup water
dash each of cumin, garlic, chili flakes, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
cook on low for 5 hrs.

I had mine on an Ezekiel English muffin and Jeff had his on a whole wheat hamburger bun. Both were topped with a little reduced fat cheddar cheese. I was surprised how good these were and how easy it was to make. Next time I would like to try the chicken with Mexican seasonings and use it in burritos, would that be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment