Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Perfect pair of red

My morning workout was bootcamp style with a little of this and a little of that, and overall a tough workout. I love going in with no plan and no expectations and seeing what my body can produce. Well today it worked hard and met the challenge head on. I was a sweaty mess afterwords and finished feeling satisfied and energized.

For dinner tonight I made a meal perfect for August.

I started with these two ingredients to make my own marinara sauce.
I simmered the can of crushed tomato's for about 1 hr.

I also used half of this carton of tomatoes, cut in half and added to the sauce at the end.


When having pasta you must also have a salad, they are the perfect pair. In the salad was some romaine lettuce with celery, tri colored carrots, tomato, feta, and a drizzle of Newman's light balsamic vinaigrette.

I cooked up some whole wheat penne and tossed it with some sun dried chicken sausage and the homemade marinara sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment