Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fluff

Good morning. I had an idea for breakfast and it just didn't work.
I loved the oat cake the other morning that I made. So I thought I would adapt it a little, big mistake.

I added 2 egg whites for a little protein and it just made it too fluffy and not as thin, soft, and dense as the oat cake.
Fluff cake
2 egg whites
1/4 cup oats
2 TB. oat bran
splash soymilk
1/4 tsp. baking soda (I think this was too much because I could taste it)
dash salt
dash vanilla
mix together and microwave for 15 sec. to soften the oats
cook in a non stick pan on both sides

Topped with
almond butter
warmed up pear sauce
sliced peaches
sprinkle of unsweetened coconut

I prefer the traditional oat cake over this one. At least I had a good healthy filling breakfast to start my day. I'm off to work a very long day, see you tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Well it sure does look pretty! Hope you get some relaxing in tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I think a whole egg would have been better. I love your toppings though! So tropical, so summery.

    ReplyDelete