Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Burger time

I have been so in love with black bean burgers lately. If I go to a restaurant and it's on the menu I definitely order it. So the other day I picked up some can's of black beans with plans to make my own.

After looking at a couple recipes I came up with this one.
Black bean burgers
2 cans black beans drained
1 TB. whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick cook oats
1 TB. olive oil
1 diced very small onion
2 TB. diced roasted red pepper
1tsp. each of chili powder, cumin, and garlic
dash of salt and pepper

Then it's time to smash it all together, form into patties, and then bake it on a tray with non stick spray. Bake it at 300 degrees for 40 min. half way through flip over (I got distracted and forgot this part).

I served the burgers salad style on a bed of romaine lettuce with feta and some Drew's roasted tomato dressing.

I loved these burgers, they just need more seasoning next time. I will definitely make these again and make extra to freeze for a quick dinner.

2 comments: