Sunday, July 4, 2010

So productive

I have had a very productive morning.

I heard Thomas making some strange noises while I was baking. I thought something was wrong with him, until I found him at the window having a meltdown because this guy was on our deck. We live in a simi rural area so we don't get a lot of cats or dogs roaming by, the coyotes would eat them. I don't know who this cat was but he was mean.

I made another test batch of granola. I adjusted the temp and time but I didn't like it as much as the last batch. So I think the last batch is officially the recipe. This batch was supposed to be banana bread granola. I had 3 banana's that were at the perfect ripeness for baking. The banana slices came out ugly looking, so that batch was a flop.

I also made some peanut butter bars to take to a BBQ tonight. I made a few changes to the recipe. I love these bars there so easy and only take 5-10 ingredients.
1.5 cups oats
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup pb
1 egg
I also added a dash of cinnamon and salt along with 1/4 tsp. baking soda


I organized my whole kitchen this morning along with every cupboard and the pantry. I no longer have any cleaning chemicals or medication (such as Tylenol) in my kitchen. I am almost ready for the commercial cooking kitchen inspector to come over.

2 comments:

  1. what? you were organizing today? i was sleeping! man, i need your motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been going since 8am. I actually slept in until 6:45am this morning, that's late for me.

    ReplyDelete