Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Project stay cool and healthy

Kickboxing was tough today. It was just so hot at the gym that it made everything harder. When I got home I showered and then started preparing a lunch that would help my body in it's workout recovery process.

Tomorrow my produce delivery comes, so it's time to use up any last minute veggies and fruit. I broiled some asparagus for 10 min. with a little salt, pepper, lemon, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. I'm using the rest of this for tonight's dinner.

I made a big picture of ice water with sliced lemon and limes. I plan on drinking this whole pitcher plus more. It's going to reach almost 100 degrees today so I must stay hydrated and cool.

Which brings me to my next point. Starting today I have decided to launch
Project stay cool and healthy.
It seems that most everyone is in a heat wave right now. I know its looking like it's going to be in the 100's for the next several days.
Project stay cool and healthy
will be going on from today through August 1rst. Every day I will be posting either recipes, tips, or workout info on ways to deal with the heat and stay healthy. If you are interested in being involved you can send your comments, tips, recipes, or even pictures to me at Staceyhealthylife@gmail.com and I will share them with everyone.

I enjoyed my lunch today while working from my new summer desk.

Lunch was a big salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, turkey (for some muscle repairing protein), taziki sauce, hummus, a veggie burger (which I think was getting freezer burnt, it didn't look so good but it tasted okay and that's the most important thing.), and sun dried tomatoes that I squeezed out some of the excess oil in a paper towel. On the side were a few of the roasted asparagus.

I know it may look strange, but it was pretty good. Hummus can always make anything taste good.

It's starting to warm up so I think it might be time to go hibernate.

1 comment:

  1. Big salads are so awesome right now :) Glad they're helping you stay nice and cool. I love asparagus- they are best simply prepared just like you did them!

    ReplyDelete