Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lesson's learned


After work I came home changed into my workout clothes and hit the road for a nice run.

I decided to run without my running belt today, it was making me uncomfortable when I put it on. That was mistake one because that meant I had no water with me on a warm day. Once I started my run I got nausea's and had a stabbing pain in my lower side. This was because I worked late today which caused me to eat my lunch later then normal and too close to my run, that was mistake two. After I got about half way through my run I felt back to normal, I pushed through it in the beginning and ran at a slower pace. It worked it self out and I ended up running 7 miles today, I was aiming for 9 but it was still good. After I got home I was so dehydrated and all evening I have been drinking a lot of water.

Lesson learned for summer, always carry water.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that you mentioned that. Just yesterday I ate lunch and then did my lunch walk and said I need to walk and then eat lunch. The combo didn't mix.

    ReplyDelete