Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Let the assembly begin


After the gym I made a quick stop at Great Harvest for some Honey whole wheat and this
lovely loaf of sweet wheat n oat.

Welcome back charlie

I mixed 2 cans of albacore tuna (In order to make 4 servings for dinner and lunch's tomorrow) with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese. Then the layering process began. I started with 1 slice of sweet wheat n oat, spread with some hummus and some tuna mix. On top of that I layered sliced zucchini, sliced red onion, and shredded carrots along with fresh dill, lemon thyme, and basil. I baked it for 10 min. at 350 degrees and then broiled it for another 2 min. After that I added the top slice of the sammie and broiled it for an additional 2 min. to toast the bread. I made mine open face since I had a sample slice of the nine grain bread while I was at Great harvest. Once out of the oven I topped them with fresh arugula from my herb pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment