Sunday, May 23, 2010

Muffin making

This morning I made some blueberry coconut lemon muffins.

Mix together
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup oat bran
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup non fat dry milk

In a separate bowl mix
1/3 cup coconut butter
1/2 cup sugar of choice (I used evaporated cain juice)
the juice of 2 lemons
1/3 cup applesauce (I used a mix of pear sauce and raspberry applesauce, that's what I had)

Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients
add in 1 cup blueberries (I forgot this part)
add to muffin tins (I added some blueberries on top, since I forgot to mix them in)

Streusel
topping
2 TB. sugar
2 TB. whole wheat pastry flour
2 TB. coconut butter
3 TB. oats
1 tsp. cinnamon

Add streusel to the top of each muffin
and bake at 350 degrees for 22 min.

These didn't puff up as much as a muffin should, but they were so moist and delicious.

I'm packing these for our trip as part of our breakfast selection. I'm also packing cereal and the fixings for making oatmeal.

2 comments:

  1. That is true dedication when you go to Vegas and pack your own breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It saves money and you can enjoy breakfast in your pajamas. That's the real reason.

    ReplyDelete