Thursday, April 8, 2010

Trying new things


Mid morning snack
Warmed up mixed berries, Greek blueberry yogurt, Galaxy granola in not sweet vanilla, and unsweetened coconut on top.


I tried these wraps for the first time. It was really good, I liked it warmed up for about 15 sec. to soften it up.

Half of a tortilla spread with hummus and topped with zucchini, carrots, lettuce, and turkey.


I made some baked quinoa cereal and had that before my workout. I mixed the cereal with my homemade raisin almond granola and added some soymilk. I liked it mixed with the granola, but plain I don't think would be as good. It's defiantly packing a lot of nutrients and protein.

Quinoa cereal recipe
1 1/2 cups un cooked quinoa
2 TB. chia seeds
1 TB. flax seeds
1 TB. pure maple syrup
1 TB. raw honey
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
dash salt
Mix together and spread out on to a baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. Check and stir after 20 min. and check and stir every 5 min. until done, which takes about 15 more min. It burns very easily so you have to check it and stir often. After done let cool for 10 min. and then break into chunks.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today, and I love it! I think I am definitely going to have to try your quinoa cereal. What a wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are so nice. Thank you I appreciate it. I love hearing from other bloggers so please check back and say hello.

    ReplyDelete