Friday, April 23, 2010

Lemon oats


Overnight oats ingredients

1/4 cup oats
2 TB. oat bran
1/4 cup soymilk
1/4 cup lemon yogurt
mix together and refrigerate overnight
in the morning microwave for 30 sec. to take the chill off
topped with
dried sour cherries
unsweetened coconut
dark chocolate chips
pear sauce

On the side I had some egg whites and a cup of Tazo vanilla apricot white tea.

This was the first time I've made overnight oats. I love the lemon flavor from the yogurt and the convenience in the morning. I would make these again and experiment with other flavors of yogurt.

2 comments:

  1. Just when I think your oatmeal combos can't get more creative you come up with a new one. Would have never thought of yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't made this before, but it was really good. I was actually expecting it to not turn out well.

    ReplyDelete