Monday, February 15, 2010


Tuscan whole wheat pasta with shrimp

Whole wheat orzo pasta cooked per instructions.
In a saute pan cook 3 Tb. diced red onion and 1/2 of a red bell pepper
with 1tsp. dill, 1 tsp. parsley, 1tsp. herbs
De Provence, garlic and red pepper flakes, and pepper.

Add 1/2 cup
Tj's red pepper and artichoke tapenade and 2 tsp. sun dried tomatoes to sauce. Add diced cooked wild shrimp minus tails and cook just until shrimp are warm.

Add sauce to pasta and top with grated cheese. I used Seaside white cheddar cheese, you can get it at Whole foods in the gourmet cheese section. I grated just a little on top to add flavor put keep the calories lower by not mixing a bunch into the sauce.

I served it with a salad with
peppercini's, I really enjoyed them in the salad last night. I mixed in 1Tb. Newmans sun dried tomato vinigerette.

I had a cup of celestial seasonings lemon zinger to go with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment