Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mexican night

Mexican tostada salad
Brown 1 pkg Tj's ground turkey with a little garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
When turkey is almost cooked add 1 Tb. taco seasoning
( I used some from New Seasons grocery store so that it didn't have all the added preservatives and additives, or you can make your own).
I also added 1 Tb. of Mrs. Britt's seasoning.
I warmed up 1 can of TJ's fat free refried beans.
(this was the first time I used it and it was so good. The ingredients were beans, water, and salt).
I sauteed 1 red bell pepper, 1 orange bell pepper, and 1/2 an onion.

On a plate I topped a Tj's whole wheat flatbread with some of the refried beans, than some ground turkey, lots of the peppers and onion, 1/2 of a small diced tomato, a few chunks of diced avocado, a sprinkle of reduced fat cheddar cheese, a bunch of lettuce, and some Tj's fire roasted salsa on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment