Sunday, January 31, 2010

Homemade dinner after a weekend away

We got home this afternoon from our trip to Seattle. We had a really fun birthday weekend. Since we were on the train during lunch time, and their really isn't any healthy options for lunch on the train, we decided to just had some of our snacks. When we got home I prepared an early dinner for me and Jeff.

Dinner Menu: We had whole wheat elbow pasta with tj's sun dried chicken sausage and a sauce made with the rest of the tj's roasted red pepper and artichoke tapenade from the other night. I also added tj's pinjur sauce to it, it's a mix of roasted red peppers, garlic and eggplant. I than added some fresh asparagus and red peppers to the sauce along with some basil, oregano and garlic.

I also made a delicious salad with broccoli, asparagus, red onion and lemon, and tossed it in a vinaigrette with a little sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment