If your hosting a summer dinner, attending a BBQ, or heading to a picnic this is a great salad to serve.
I've been growing my own lettuce and boy is it growing fast. I harvested some and chopped it up for the base of this summer salad. The greens were a mix of spinach, romaine, mixed greens, and red leaf lettuce. Topped with sliced strawberries and some lemon thyme. The thyme is from my herb garden and one of my favorite herbs. The hint of lemon is delicious.
Topped with some balsamic vinaigrette, given it a toss, and served up.
There's so many summer variations to this recipe:
* fresh grated white cheddar
* sliced almonds
* pistachio's (something unexpected)
* raspberries instead of strawberries, or maybe both!!
* sliced peaches or nectarine
* other herbs such as dill or basil
Since it's summertime just make sure it's fresh, local, and in season fruit for that special over the top flavor.