Thursday, November 18, 2010

What to eat?

Workout
I was up bright and early to get my workout in today. I knew I had a long day ahead of me so it was now or never. I started with 20 min. on the spinning bike followed by some resistance training using my own body weight and finished with 25 min. back on the bike.
Dinner

Because I had such a long day I was un motivated to make dinner or even to make a decision about what to have. I came up with something super easy. I toasted one whole wheat flat bread and topped it with some reduced fat cheddar cheese that became all melted. Topped with some Applegate farms smoked chicken, the best deli meat ever. And finished with some chipotle roasted salsa.

Topped with some mixed greens.

And a little more salsa, I love this salsa and can't get enough of it.

4 comments:

  1. I applaud you for being able to get up early and workout, I have tried so many times to get a morning workout in but with a 10 month old and active 4 yr. old I have come to value every second of sleep and find it hard to get out of bed before they're awake : / your dinner looked good and simple, always a hard one to accomplish after a long day at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked in a summer camp kitchen this past summer, and since I was the only vegetarian, I got poked fun at quite a bit. There weren't many healthy (much less non-meat) options for lunch, so I usually put together a big spinach salad and topped it with salsa! Everyone thought I was crazy, but it does the trick, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a thrown together meal it looks pretty great.

    ReplyDelete