Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Somethings missing

Workout
I went to the gym today and did a full body workout followed by 30 min. on the stairs. My usual 24hr. fitness is closed for final remodel work. So no kickboxing or dancers workout for the next three weeks, so sad.
Dinner

I had an idea or more of a vision. Of a soup so delicious and filling, with lots of sweet potato chunks. I accomplished my goal but something was missing. I have yet to figure that out. But when I eat the leftovers I'm going to try to find whatever that missing ingredient is.
In the pot:
1 box low sodium chicken broth
2 diced and peeled sweet potatoes
1/2 of a diced onion
2 diced carrots
2 diced Applegate farms spinach and feta chicken sausage
oregano, basil, garlic, chili flakes, sea salt, and pepper
2 TB. pumpkin puree
simmer on low for 30 min.

Served with some whole wheat naan bread topped with a drizzle of raw white honey.

I'm not sure if it's a spice, a grain, or a bean that is missing from this soup. The soup was good but not great.
Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment