Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dipping and scooping

It gets dark so early now, by 4:30pm it was already night time.

Dinner was simple and delicious. I made a vegetarian layered Mexican casserole. It's a cross between a casserole and a dip, the best of both worlds.

The bottom layer was Amy's refried black beans. Then some salsa, a can of black beans, a layer of more salsa, and finished with a layer of low fat sour cream mixed with some taco seasoning. I topped it all off with some reduced fat cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, and green onion.

I let it all bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.

Served with some Food should taste good lime chips and mixed greens.

The dip was a little watered down. Since switching from a local low fat sour cream to Organic Valley's low fat sour cream my Mexican dishes seem to be a bit watery. I may need to switch sour cream for cooking purposes.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you could use Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. Would that make it watery?

    ReplyDelete