Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pancake concoction

Even at 7:30am the sun still wasn't up. Between the late sunrise and the rainy morning, it makes me want to curl up with a cup of hot tea and enjoy some TV with a blanket.

I really wanted pancakes this morning. After starting the mixing process I realized I didn't have enough Kodiak mix. I improvised and added some buckwheat pancake mix along with some soymilk and one egg white per instructions. It was a little runny so I added one tablespoon of oats to the mix.

Sometimes you just have to make due with what you have.

I made three mini cakes and topped each one with different toppings. One cake had coconut butter, another had dark chocolate chips in the pancake, and the last one had some sunflower nut butter. The stack was topped off with some marionberry all fruit spread, a few slices of sauteed banana, a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut, and some Theo's dark chocolate shavings.

No comments:

Post a Comment