Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lazy day


I'm having such a lazy Sunday morning. Between it being a gloomy fall day and also not having too much on the agenda today, I'm taking it easy. I made the most amazing breakfast this morning, I mean AMAZING in every way.

Sweet potato pancakes

Kodiak pancake mix
1/2 of a microwaved sweet potato (the inside scooped out once done)
(roasted in the oven would have created a creamier sweet potato. But for a quick way of cooking it the microwave works)
dash cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pure maple syrup
Whisk everything together
Make sure you whisk really well so you don't have any potato lumps
cook in a non stick pan on both sides
I added a few dark chocolate to one side

Topped with the most delicious marionberry all fruit spread, fresh from the farm. It's sweetened with just pear concentrate. Also topped with the tiniest drizzle of white honey.
Pancake Sunday

These were the softest, most yummiest pancakes I think I have EVER had. The toppings were so fresh, using real unprocessed foods just makes everything taste better. I wish more people embraced eating fresh, local, in season foods. They don't know what they are missing out on.

I'm planning on continuing my lazy day by doing some baking and catching up on things around the house before my week starts again.

6 comments:

  1. The harvest season is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any ideas for spaghetti squash?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that the Northwest is going to have a wetter and colder winter than normal. Enjoy just the gloom while you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish the harvest would last for 12 months!

    ReplyDelete