Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How to enjoy the day

It's another gorgeous day, if only it could last for another few months. I'm sure the long months of rain are coming. That is why I must get out and enjoy it. I had planned on going to the gym after work. But with such beautiful weather I knew I could get a great workout outside, so why not enjoy the day.

First I got home and changed into my workout clothes while I had the big debate of whether to run or bike. I headed down to the river to check out the happenings. We live on a river but I don't go down there very much, kinda buggy at times.

I originally went down to check on my apple tree's. We have three of them that are basically organic since we don't give them any care. Unfortunately I was probably a few weeks to a month too late, the deer ate them. Everything is a battle with deer around here.

I soaked in some of the sun and made my decision to run with some possible biking afterwords. My shoulder is pretty soar from my bike fall yesterday and I just felt more like running. I embarked on a 5 mile run. By the time I got back to my house I was pooped and there was no way I could hop on my bike. I also had planned on doing some abs and legs afterwords. I finished my run, completed my abs and leg workout, and did some stretching.
Dinner

I apologize for having another night of a plethora of roasted veggies. But I'm going to be gone this weekend and I must eat these veggies before they go bad. The best way to use up a bunch of veggies is to roast them up.

I cut up some carrots, sweet potatoes, one red potato, tomatoes, and a can of chickpeas, all seasoned and roasted for 1hr. at 325 degrees. Served with an egg and egg white along with some Parmesano reggiano.

For whatever reason I wouldn't say this was the tastiest meal.  But it did accomplish it's mission of using a bunch of veggies and supplying a good source of nutrients. 

2 comments:

  1. Your river looks beautiful. You must have a great house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your accident. Running might be safer than bike rider.

    ReplyDelete