Saturday, October 23, 2010

Homemade sauce


Dinner involved my favorite wine, Chateau Ste. Michelle. I had a glass of wine last night with my pizza and planned to use some for tonight's dinner. I couldn't find a wine opener so Jeff used a screw, I think the biggest one he could find. It ended up slipping and taking a chunk out of his hand.

I made some whole wheat spaghetti with a marinara sauce and some chicken sausage from Whole Foods.

The sauce included one can of pureed tomatoes, 1/4 cup white wine, one diced zucchini, three small diced carrots, basil, garlic, and oregano. The sauce simmered for about 15 min. and then went into the blender to get pureed. Once the sauce was pureed I added the chicken sausage to it.

Pureeing veggies and adding into sauces is a great way to add in some veggies.

I'm still continuing to sip my tea, but I switched earlier in the day to herbal.

No comments:

Post a Comment