Sunday, October 24, 2010

Crock pot meal

This morning I went to the gym for a full body workout along with 30 min. on the dreaded stairs. Since it was so yucky out I figured why not get a workout in. Before heading out I prepped dinner.

Since it's been so stormy today I just had to make some chili.
In the crock pot
2 cups black, red, and white beans soaked over night
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1/2 of a diced onion
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 TB. BBQ sauce
2 cups water
let simmer for 9 hrs.
I had two problems with this chili.
1.
The beans were a little hard even after soaking all night and simmering for 9 hrs.,
what's that about????
2. I forgot the jar of salsa, the key ingredient for making the best chili.

Overall the chili was lacking a little.

Topped with
Greek non fat yogurt
reduced fat cheddar cheese
a swirl of ketchup

No comments:

Post a Comment