Monday, September 13, 2010

Good eats

Workout
I debated working out today or taking a rest day instead. One because I rode my bike 4 miles on Saturday and 8 miles on Sunday. Two because I hadn't been feeling 100% today. After much debate and with time on my side I decided that I would give it a try and workout for one hour. Not because I had to workout, but because I enjoy working out. Once I got going I felt better and overall I put in a tough workout.

I started with 20 min. on the spinning bike. Man the seat on the spinning bike is much more comfortable then my actual bike. I must purchase a new seat right away. I then did a full body workout ,working the abs and legs especially hard. I finished with another 20 min. back on the bike.
Snack

I tried the new chocolate chip cookie dough bar today and man is it amazing. It is one of my favorites now.
Dinner

Tonight I used some leftover black bean burgers but re invented them into a new meal. I made a salad of mixed greens, diced pear, diced lemon cucumber, dried sour cherries, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. On the side was some pickles and homemade Great Harvest honey whole wheat croutons.

The salad was really good but the pear and lemon cucumber textures didn't pair two well together, it was a little mushy. The croutons were the best part, I love simple homemade croutons.

3 comments:

  1. I find sometimes when I workout when I'm feeling just a bit off (but not sick sick), I often feel better afterwards! Pretty dinner. I might re-create a version of this tomorrow night with apple instead of pears. I have some black bean burgers that are just screaming to be used. Homemade croutons are pretty amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade croutons are the best! Your salad looks perfect! YUM!

    ReplyDelete