Monday, August 23, 2010

Saucy

Workout
It was a Monday morning so I was up early for a bootcamp style workout. I did 30 min. on the spinning bike followed by a circuit/interval resistance training workout, working my whole body.
Dinner

When I got my produce delivery the other day I saw these cute little onions. The first thing that came to my mind was making a pasta sauce, so that's what I did.
Pasta Sauce
I sauteed two onion's in 1 tsp. olive oil with garlic, pepper, basil, and red pepper flakes.
I also added 1 package of thinly sliced sun dried tomato chicken sausage.
At the end I added one whole basket of sliced in half organic cherry tomatoes and and some fresh basil.

I made a salad just like grandma used to make, except she probably used iceberg lettuce and I used romaine. I added some celery, carrots, tomatoes, and 1 TB. (for two servings) of Newman's light balsamic vinaigrette.

I know it looks like a ton of chicken sausage, but it was only one package, and it was thinly sliced. I topped some whole wheat penne with the sauce.

Served up for me to enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Your dinner looks so fresh! That's the best thing about summer. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh - dinner looks lovely! there is something so wonderful about the combination of pasta and pasta sauce - and simple, too. i love your homemade sauce version, as well. better than anything out of a jar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious!!! My mouth is watering! lol Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete