Sunday, August 8, 2010

Salty and crispy


Tonight's dinner was all about roasting.


I roasted some very thinly sliced sweet potatoes, orange cauliflower, and greens beans. I tossed everything in some olive oil, sea salt, pepper, oregano and thyme. Everything was perfectly roasted at 350 degrees for about 45 min.

I wanted the sweet potatoes to be like chips, thin and crispy. I also flipped the sweet potatoes half way through, and at the end I broiled them for a few min. on each side to make them extra crispy.


I also made baked chicken fingers. These turned amazing, so juicy and so good dipped in a little spicy brown mustard.

Baked chicken fingers
1 package chicken tenders
Wet ingredients
1 egg and 1 egg white whisked together
Dry ingredients
1 cup Bob's wheat germ
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oat bran
basil, oregano, salt, and pepper

Dip the chicken tenders in the wet and then the dry ingredients. Arrange in a single layer in a baking dish coated with non stick spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 min. At the half way point I flipped the tenders to brown both sides.

The chips were crispy and salty, the best combo.

1 comment:

  1. Those sweet potato chips look perfect! Definitely a delicious meal :)

    ReplyDelete