Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Whole lotta cabbage


In my produce delivery last week was some local organic cabbage. I usually don't cook with cabbage so it's been in the fridge waiting for me. Tonight I thought it would make a good side dish veggie. I cut up one whole head of cabbage into strips.

I sauteed it with 1 tsp. sesame oil and added more cabbage as it cooked down. The key here is to have a very hot pan and hot burner, a wok would have worked better. At close to the end of cooking I added some soy sauce and sweet chili sauce. It tasted similar to the cabbage that you get with teriyaki chicken and rice, but I'm sure mine was healthier and I probably used a lot less oil.

Served with some local wild salmon from the fish market. I marinated the salmon for one hour in some Tj's teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, green onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes.

The salmon turned out perfecto, I also had a few chunks of cantaloupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment