Friday, July 23, 2010

Welcome back fun oats


Fun Friday oats are back. Since it's Friday, and I'm going camping it seemed like the perfect morning for some fun oats.

1/4 cup oat bran
2 TB. Bob's spice n nice
1/4 cup water
mix together

Topped with
organic blueberries (bitter blueberries)
almond butter
drizzle of raw honey
Yogi walnut spice granola
Whole oats peanut butter raisin granola
a few dark chocolate chips

Local organic produce delivery
Yesterday my produce delivery came. Every two weeks I get a delivery of local organic fruits and veggies delivered to my door. I have found that organic is far better quality then conventional. The problem is that in the winter they have to out source the produce to California and Mexico. Which I understand nothings growing here in Oregon in the winter and early spring.

But it's the Middle of July and I'm still getting half of my delivery is from California and Mexico. Local is supposed to be within 100 miles. Right now in Oregon we have a bounty of fruits and veggies so I don't understand why they are out sourcing. I have told myself that I will keep going with the deliveries until Fall, and then make my decision then If I should continue. I'm really thinking of canceling it in the fall and signing up for a CSA half share.

No comments:

Post a Comment