Friday, July 2, 2010

Push yourself

After work I was planning on heading to the fancy 24 hr. fitness to workout. As I got on the freeway leaving work the traffic from the holiday weekend started to back up. I decided that the direction I was heading was all freeway and it was heading directly out of town where everyone else was heading. Rather then spend my afternoon in the car I took the exit to my house and came home to workout.


I decided to go for a 5 mile run that ended up turning into an 8 mile run. When I got to the turn off to start running back towards home for my 5 mile run I was feeling pretty good. So I pushed myself onward and ran the rest of the loop to equal 8 miles. Sometimes you just need to push yourself to go a little further. On the way back home I sprinted most of the way, minus the hills. I decided it was a good time to work on my speed, I'm a pretty slow runner, but I can run far.

Once I got home I finished with some abs, legs, and some stretching to wrap up the workout and the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment